Saturday, 3 September 2011

New Pond : Sunday Day 1

The raised pond by the house is slowly bulging as the timber rots so we decided to replace it with a new pond. First task was to catch the fish - not a quick exercise!

Next it was out with the liner...

...and then down with the walls.

The big decision then was the alignment of the new pond and waterfall.

Next came the hard work.

Skye was always helpful,

When we had dug out about 300mm depth we found a rusty old pipe. Removing it revealed a chamber full of emply glass jars and bottles together with rusty bike parts.

We think this must have been an old soakaway for the shed that was here when we first moved in. The hole went as far as I could reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment