First night moored outside The Commandery
Bridge over the canal by the Commandery.
The west elevation of Worcester Cathedral in the evening sunlight
A Victorian post Box neat the Boer War memorial outside the Cathedral.
The Guildhall designed by Thomas White and constructed between 1721 and 1727 with its magnificent Queen ann frontage.
St Andrews Church Tower
St Andrews Gardens were officially opened on 5th June 1953 by the Mayor of Worcester to commemorate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. The gardens were the previous site of St Andrew's Church and Churchyard. The Church, believed to be dating back to the 12th Century, was demolished due to it's dipidated condition, and the tower and spire are the only reminders of this. The Tower was built in the 15th Century and the spire, which was rebuilt in 1751 rise to a height of 245.5 ft. The Spire is locally known as 'The Glover's Needle' due to it's shape and Worcester's association with the glovemaking industry. http://www.worcester.gov.uk/index.php?id=1723
Worcester Cathedral from the path by the river
Markings on the wall by the riverside path showing the maximum hight the river has reached during various floods.