Sunday, 23 May 2010

Another morning walk. this time on Reigate Hill

Actually we started on Reigate Hill and walked to Colley Hill. Lots of buttercups but as usual Skye was only inteested in her ball.

The Inglis memorial on Colley Hill was donated to the Borough by Lieutenant Colonel Inglis in 1909. It was originally a drinking fountain for horses.

On the ceiling is a mosaic showing the Sun and the planets around it.

The view from the memorial looking towards Leith Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment